Friday, July 16, 2010

MY Notepad





-Notepad

-The assignment involved creating a notepad on the computer then printing out 50 pages to be bound together using padding compound. I was able to choose the size my notepad were as long as they fit on an 8.5x11 piece of paper.

-The final product for this assignment was at least one padded notepad.

-I used Adobe Illustrator for all of this project.

-After deciding that I wanted to split the page in half and make two different notepads I opened a new 8.5x11 document and started designing my notepads. I had to create a design that fit in side half inch margins and did not use up to much ink. After finishing the designs I printed fifty pages using the laser printer then padded the paper together applying padding compound three times once every fifteen minutes.

-The design stage for this project went well, I designed one for me and one for my dad. When I got to the padding segment of the assignment I put the padding compound on too wet and had to let it dry over the weekend. Then when I finished the pads I realized that the one I had made for my Father had been made upside down, thankfully only one was needed for grading.

No comments:

Post a Comment